Ever year around November, I start praying asking the Lord what he wants from me for the next year. I pray and ask God to share with me and lead me to the word or phrase for 2020. For 2019, it was REST, and I saw why that was my word for that year. So at the end on November, God told me to Create new things, habits and dreams in 2020.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
The definition Create means: to bring (something) into existence; cause (something) to happen as a result of one’s actions.
I am not sure where God is taking me with this word, or what it really means, but what I am sure of is that I am supposed to create new habits for spending time with the Lord and chase new dreams.
Here are some goals that I want to accomplish this year, things that I want to create:
- New habits on spending time with God.
- Friendships that are more like sisters and be able to share and be honest with each other, in Fresno.
- Time and opportunities to visit my friends that don’t live in Fresno.
- A space to share my photos with people and take people with me as I capture them.
- A healthier me.
- Start dating again, and possible sharing my heart with someone. These are all the things that I want to do this year.
I also want to dream new dreams and chase after some old ones that I never thought I could do.
I am excited for this year! I feel like last year started off rough and just continued for the year. For me this year started off with singing worship and praying to God. It started with spending time with God and journalling my prayers. I pray that as the days and months go by, that I can see God in a new way and be more in love with Him at the end of the year than the beginning.
Happy New Year’s Friends!