“A decade”, that is such an interesting phrase for me. There are two ways that my thoughts go when I think about “a decade”.
My first thought is, ” How in the crap did 10 years go by?!?” My second thought is ” How cool is that, I cant wait to see what the next 10 years hold!”
I don’t know about you, but I live in the first response more longer than the second. Mainly because I cant believe that 10 years have gone by! Here is how my mind works; ” 10 years!!! What have I done with my life? Did I do anything useful, or make a difference? Oh man, I need to jump on my to-do list before I die, because time is running out? David Muir just said the life expectancy is 78! 78! I only have 38 years left!!!!…..
So, yeah 10 years have gone by, I am a few months from 40 and I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. So instead of being frustrated at what didn’t happen these last 10 years, I am go to list what did happen, because I did a lot of cool things. I want to focus on the positive of the last decade.
- 2010- I went to Costa Rica for the first time with 15 youth kids
- 2011- I went back to Costa Rica with 10 youth kids and prayed about moving there
- 2012- Made the decision to movie to Costa Rica and serve for 2 years with a mission’s organization
- 2013- I moved to Costa Rica
- 2014- Went to Nicaragua for vacation (while living in Costa Rica)
- 2015- Went to Panama for vacation (while living in Costa Rica)
- 2016- Moved back to California
- 2017- Went to New York in the Winter. Was able to take a team to Costa Rica to serve for 2 weeks
- 2018- Went to Europe for 2 weeks in the fall. Visited- England, Iceland, Ireland and France
- 2019- I will talk about this year in the next blog post.
There you go! Here is all the cool things that have happened to me over the last decade. There are many more, but then this list would be too long!
There are hard moments that have happened to me and as I was writing all the good stuff, I also remembered all the hard stuff too. Some are things that are not my story to tell, but the outcome effected me personally. What I will share is that over the last 4 years, I have struggles with anxiety. I will definitely share more about this in a future blog, but you will have to wait to hear more about that!
So what are some things that have happened to you over the last decade?
Till next time!